from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
A shed solves a lot of storage needs for outdoor tools and equipment. It is also a great place for work projects that won't clutter up the garage. A shed like the one in this article is very basic and simple to construct. If you are looking for a more stylized shed, you should go through some of the "Handyman" type magazines.This shed is built on piers, as described in the wikiHow article How to Install Deck Piers. You could also build the shed on the ground by replacing the beams with 4"x6" skids of pressure-treated lumber, or on precast concrete fence posts. The area needs to be flat and level. This project requires some knowledge and skill with a hammer and saw.
- Foundation - click on image to enlarge
- Floor Beams click on image to enlarge
- Floor Joists - click on image to enlarge
- Flooring may also be screwed down with 3" deck screws
- Walls plan view - click on image to enlarge
- Back Wall Elevation - click on image to enlarge
- Front Wall Elevation - click on image to enlarge
- Side Walls Elevation - click on image to enlarge
- Rafters plan view - click on image to enlarge
- Roof Decking - click on image to enlarge
- Siding Elevation - click on image to enlarge
- Roofing plan view - click on image to enlarge
- Click on images to get the best view. Some information is lost in the thumbnail view.
- All framing is nailed with 16d nails, all sheeting is attached with 8d nails.
- If you plan to finish the inside, you should add an addition stud in each corner for a nailing surface.
- A ramp instead of stairs will allow you to move wheeled equipment in and out of the shed.
- There are several advertisers on this page with other plans.
- You may want to install a corrugated fiberglass roof for more light.
- Before you begin construction check local laws:
- Your town's building department if a permit is needed.
- Zoning if a shed is allowed.
- Setbacks from your property boundry.
- Please share your shed once you have built it!
- How to Install Deck Piers
- How to Build a Loft Bed
- How to Build a Hot Tub Platform
- How to Make a Simple and Effective Garage Workbench
- How to Inexpensively Increase the Value of Your Home
- How to Build a Float
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Build a Shed. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.